A Very Misty Christmas

Friday, December 26, 2008 ·
Advertisement



I've been trying to think when we last had a white Christmas but I honestly can't remember. Scotland isn't exactly renowned for it's great weather but our winters have been getting milder and snow is a comparative rarity. We probably get a couple of snow falls each winter but they never really amount to much and the snow only lies for a day or two.

The weather on Christmas Eve was more typical of what we've come to expect - damp and fairly miserable. There was a bit of fog in the air as well so I nipped out for an hour with the D700 and the 35mm f2 and 85mm f1.8 Nikkors to grab a few shots.


In case you're wondering, the photograph at the top of the post is a shot of our local florist's window. They were working late and there was quite a lot of condensation on the inside of the glass which gave the flowers on the inside a lovely soft focus effect.


From now on, instead of giving the pics titles -something I hate doing and which I'm really bad at - I've decided instead to print the camera/lens combination and exposure information. I think this will be of more interest than some corny title that I might be able to dream up. ;-)

Advertisement

1 comments:

Patrick Dodds said...
Wednesday, 15 April, 2009  

These are beautiful pictures. I'm considering getting a D700 at the moment and I think your blog has finally shoved me over the cliff, in the nicest possible way! I bought a 28 - 105 Nikkor today as the first step and tomorrow I think I shall go and barter for the camera in my lunchhour.... To be honest, thinking about buying the bloody thing has been almost as good as having one in my hands (although I can't know that for sure, obviously!). I came to your blog via a comment you left at The Online Photographer's blog where he was writing about whether or not upgrading to a FF sensor was something one should do. In reading through the comments I was struck by the fact that no one mentioned the extended ability to shoot afforded by low-light capabilities, the most important factor for me living in the rain-soaked British Isles as I do - your blog, being "set" in Scotland, has made up my mind for me and I am going to go for it! Thank you.