A Quiet Rural Scene

Monday, January 19, 2009 ·
Advertisement


The biggest photographic fault I have is a desire to inject some atmosphere and drama into my pics. This usually takes the form of some heavy post-processing. In fact, provided the composition is sound, it's surprising the difference some Photoshop work can make to some fairly unpromising images!

I admire some photographers who manage to produce quiet little shots of quite ordinary subjects and just leave them like that. There's a fine line involved, though, between something that is just plain boring and dull and a worthwhile photograph.

I thought this was a subject that lent itself to the quiet type of photograph and have reproduced it here pretty much as I took it. It's not spectacular, it doesn't make you go wow, but I think it has a timeless quality to it that certainly cheers me up when I look at it.

Advertisement

0 comments: