Near Balintore, Angus

Monday, September 14, 2009 ·
Advertisement



I had a run up by Balintore to check out the renovation of an old mansion that has been something of a start-stop affair. I first stumbled upon it about 20 years ago and, despite several abortive attempts to restore it, it seems to be falling further into disrepair. A real shame.

Anyway, the road through this glen is a single-track affair and it weaves its way past some nice countryside. It was a fairly cloudy day but the sun did break out now and again. It did so when I was passing this old barn. I could see straight away that it had some potential and I envisaged an olde-worlde photograph, something that could have been taken in the 1940s.

I used the Nikkor 35mm AF-D on my D700 and processed the raw file in Adobe Camera Raw. The old-fashioned look is a one-click pre-set in Silver Efex Pro but I also dodged the highlights in the barn a little and darkened the bright cloud to the right of the barn. I really like the end result and will probably print this one for hanging on the wall.

Advertisement

0 comments: